Friday, September 20, 2019

Have you experienced that second most important day in your life yet?

A few weeks ago, I heard the statement by Mark Twain (American writer and humorist November 30, 1835 - April 21, 1910) as shown at the picture added to my this week blog.

Oh well, in general I do not always like quotes and not at all this I call it ‘tile wisdom’. And yet this statement came back to me several times after I heard it. Of course, mainly about the discovery of that  second most important day that he mentions.

Nowadays we can hardly get lost with all our digital devices. Where would we still be without Google Maps or Google Earth? I think that about 95% of people with an I-Phone do use that app and the pizza courier for example cannot do without it. And although I live without an I-Phone, I have to admit that I have a GPS system in my car.

Not that long ago it was different and certainly at the time that Mark Twain (his name by the way is a pseudonym for Samuel Langhome Clemens) was alive and wrote his stories and books. It is a great progress and help.

Whether with all these tools we have also made that progress in the discovery journey in relation to find the reason we are born? In my opinion not.
Although the newest generations are certainly more focused on meaningful living and working, I think that perhaps 95% of us have not yet experienced the second most important day that Twain mentions. We run around aimlessly in the "we need more" system, which is shouted to us all day long by marketing. Maybe good for the economy.

And when you are young, it is almost naturally not a theme yet to discover why you were born. Around the so-called midlife crisis, you start to think and discover a big part of your lifetime is gone already and you start asking other and deeper personal questions. And a GPS or an app., does not help you find the answers to those questions. You have to visit yourself. Go deep inside. Looking for your core, your (latent) talents in order to ultimately be able to find that important answer. Discover your life mission.

When I look at myself, I have felt deep inside for a very long time that there was more and that I was only in the practice phase of my life. Incidentally, a fantastic period in which I could and was allowed to play fully with most of my talents. I also felt a long time ago that for that deeper development and search, and actually that experience of that second most important day, Asia for me was a must. When I was still working in jobs before I started my last job in The Netherlands as a CEO, I already was open about it and talked about it with a number of people. At the time I thought I had to wait until I was 65 years old. All of a sudden that changed, which allowed it to experience Asia already eleven years earlier.

That discovery of the answer, or to me rather the answers, why I was born, makes that second most important day a new birth. A restart of your life that encourages putting things into perspective. You will see what is really important to you and gives you energy to continue your life course in flow. A course that generates energy instead of consumes energy. Almost no disturbances from the outside world anymore because I connected for the most part only with that what for me really still was important. It makes your life, at least that is my experience, much richer. No more goals to achieve just your mission to live.

And the great thing is that if you surrender to that, the nicest things will suddenly come your way. And when you look back on it after a while you also notice that, in a material way, you actually needed almost nothing. Just because it is your destination.

That Twain may be a humorist and yet ... not a bad idea to spend time on the discovery of that second most beautiful day of your life.



Gangey Gruma (Frans Captijn)
email: captijninsight@gmail.com 

Captijn InsightCatalyst in developing tranquility & in-sight to get in a sustainable way real connection, purpose, pleasure and flow in life, love, family, business, career and work again.

No comments:

Post a Comment