Friday, November 22, 2019

Nature has a lot to tell us. But ... Ants as an example

I'm definitely not a fan of ants in the house. On the other hand, I have to be honest about that, it is not them but us who are the invaders with our houses here in the beautiful paradise where I may live. It was their place they did not have to share with us before. But still ... please stay outside.

It is November 11, full moon. Thailand is celebrating ‘Loy Krathong day’ with its wonderfully beautiful culture. Among other things, honor is given to the water spirits as thanks for the rainy season (needed to harvest the rice) that is being closed.
Everyone knows what an enormous influence the moon has on our lives. And a full moon usually gets full attention. Here in Thailand it is always a so-called Buddha day.

Almost all of the lessons from the great teacher Buddha (not a God) come from nature. It is known that nature was the main source of inspiration for the Buddha. Whether we all see what nature has to tell us and what we learn from it, is increasingly a question for me. We run our rat races. Even more than ants, incidentally, who have a fantastic rhythm of variation in their work and rest pattern and take over jobs.

Talking about those ants.
As usual, my dog ​​jumps on the step of my scooter every morning, (yes, this is Thailand) to go to a daily changing place in the area for a long morning walk. This Loy Krathong day we went to the forest behind my house to a large lake where there is a road to a temple on the hill behind us. A beautiful place and a beautiful route to listen, to stand still, to watch and to smell. Every time different. Also this Loy Krathong day again.

Ants were winding at various places along the road. Thousands in a row in fixed patterns. Really great and amazing to observe. And this time, new to me, most of them carried an ‘egg’. At least, I thought so.
It looked like a train full of white dots. Talk about team spirit, management care, leadership, and so on. It inspired me and I wondered why it was precisely today that the procession was not only black but speckled. And not in one place but on the way to that temple several of those moving long tracks with white dots.
I wondered what it meant to say and tried to discover in the encyclopedia called the internet.

Twice I got a kind of "Whooow" moment and feeling.
First of all, I learned that those ants, indeed under the influence of that full moon and the end of the rainy season, brought their eggs back to their "winter resort". In this climate, this is a space that is more comfortable for them, but runs a risk of being flooded during the rainy season. Clever!
I returned with my camera, which I had forgotten this morning, to capture it. Those ants with their "eggs."

My second Whooow moment came when I looked deeper at the pictures I took on my laptop. I hadn't noticed it on the spot itself. Those ants did not carry eggs at all but, like dogs and cats, their babies in their mouths. And the (orange) toddlers could walk themselves.
It was a huge baby transport to a better place that I had spotted. And think about it that each of these babies also have their own identity and uniqueness. Actually, bad the way I deal with the ants who enter my house…

No wonder that Buddha was so inspired by nature. Glad that I am starting to notice more and more since I live here. Great life lessons in moving with your lifestyle (actually changing it) by reading nature and learning from it. And yes, you need to stop running your rat-race to be open for that.
Incidentally, there were fewer tracks in the 12th of November, and those that were there were "just" and “only” black again.

In this context, it is sad to see how we, and I too belong with my car and scooters belong to that we, with our ‘just throw it away if you cannot use it any more’ culture, are dealing with our magnificent nature. Just leave your rubbish for the next generations ... And yes, this can be individual change of behavior (first) and also (worldwide) cooperation. There are no curtains around countries in relation to for instance air pollution.
Walking the same Loy Krathong day another trail in the forest it made me sad to see this for instance. Not done!

Maybe an idea to enjoy nature a little more often, to be aware, and especially to learn and mirror your own lifestyle. Every season has his lessons. Certainly, again in Europe the beautiful autumn that houses many wonderful stories and lessons.

Gangey Gruma (Frans Captijn)
email: captijninsight@gmail.com 



Captijn InsightCatalyst in developing tranquility & in-sight to get in a sustainable way real connection, purpose, pleasure and flow in life, love, family, business, career and work again.



No comments:

Post a Comment