Friday, February 28, 2020

Pleasure and knowledge school. A great promise for a valuable future.

It happened to me twice in the past week. I needed something twice and I wanted to go to town for that. Friends of mine told me that I could get it close to where I live too. And indeed. That was true. I had never seen the companies I was looking for here before, in the nearly eight years that I have been living here. I still don't know my own environment.

And the same thing happened with a school nearby. I never saw it before. Maybe now I saw it because it’s winter here and the leaves of many trees dropped.
Suddenly last week I saw that building nearby and I was attracted by the name.

"Pleasure and knowledge School". Whoow, guts. See, that's something else.

Earlier I wrote in my blogs about knowledge, intelligence and wisdom and this name, which I hope describes the school's approach, resonated with me.

Indeed, you have to have a bit of a gene for intelligence, but education that mainly brings you knowledge contributes to intelligence a lot. Knowledge, by the way, says nothing about wisdom. There is a difference between knowledge and wisdom. I have met many people during the different courses and schools in my life I was allowed to follow and also in work situations that were enormously intelligent. Often in a specific field. Sometimes I found them a bit lonely, even ‘different’ at school and in society.

For me they were not the kind of people you would naturally go to with questions that come from your heart. Those were the people who possessed wisdom. Every person has been given wisdom with his or her birth. A kind of gift linked to your talents. To what extent you feel free to share that inner wisdom has in my experience a lot to do with that other word that flaunts on the facade of that school “Pleasure”.

For me, pleasure says something about lightness, connection, energy, putting knowledge into practice, being open, seeing things more broadly and having fun with it. A fantastic basis for revealing wisdom in a playful way.

If this school lives up to its name, it delivers young persons with more than great potential. People who don't make everything so heavy or take everything so seriously. Who have been given a solid foundation for human knowledge and who have been able to develop the wisdom of their talents. People who let things flow and gain practical experience that can be valuable to others.

Those kind of persons with whom you enjoy the company of being together somewhere and share the questions from your heart. Naturally you feel invited to them and you do not have to overcome any threshold to meet up with them. Because you know that they are listening to you, they are willing to try to understand your situation to a large extent and are not immediately ready for you with advice. They are the people who are able to show, out of their inner wisdom, your inner wisdom, a mirror from which you can make your own choices.

What a school! A breeding ground for a valuable future. There should be more of them.


Gangey Gruma (Frans Captijn)
email: captijninsight@gmail.com 

Foto blog: 



Captijn InsightCatalyst in developing tranquility & in-sight to get in a sustainable way real connection, purpose, pleasure and flow in life, love, family, business, career and work again.




No comments:

Post a Comment