Friday, March 13, 2020

New! A powerbank relationship

Sometimes it is difficult to keep up with the times and stay modern. Just to mix up in this modern world and practice offers you helping hands.

Last Friday I went to Mountain View Restaurant with dog Kadhow for a Thai lunch. A place about four kilometers away from me in Mae Rim. I had not been there for weeks.

I was not alone. There was another Thai man and a Thai couple about 40 years old. At least I think it was a couple because they had the same ring on their finger. The way they were dressed they looked like business people. The man seemed somewhat nervous and could not keep his feet still. I got it from my acting course to observe people. Maybe not neat or polite but it just happens to me. My kids and my girlfriend immediately feel when it happens. Often a kind of movie shows up in my head about what kind of people I have sitting close to me. Strange to say maybe, but I am almost certain that I am not very wrong with that movie. My kids are sometimes full of laughter when they see what happens with me, and that makes everything pretty light and funny.

For me it was a special couple. Special because they did not communicate. Not verbal, not non-verbal. Yes, they ordered food and after that it was quiet. They were completely taken by their mobiles, each for themselves and in his or her own world. And not just for a while but their entire stay in the restaurant. And I wonder if they actually tasted, let alone, enjoyed the goodies they had ordered.

My thoughts went energetic. What do you mean relationship? Do you already have nothing to say to each other at that age anymore? Is switching off and investing in each other no longer a more attractive option during work break? What binds or connects this couple?

A poem by Toon Hermans (Dutch comedian and poem writer) suddenly came up in my head. It starts with the sentence: "You need someone, silent and sincere ...".

And when this sentence came up, only then did I see it. The Powerbank that was on the table! That covenant. That was necessary and you only had to be silent. Two USB cables in the device, both one of his and one of her mobile. A form of extra battery power relationship for when the energy in your relationship is exhausted. See, that's possible too.

A grin on my face. I had learned something again. Actually, it's so easy to keep up with the times. You only have to look around and be surprised ...


Gangey Gruma (Frans Captijn)
email: captijninsight@gmail.com 

Foto blog: 



Captijn InsightCatalyst in developing tranquility & in-sight to get in a sustainable way real connection, purpose, pleasure and flow in life, love, family, business, career and work again.





No comments:

Post a Comment