Friday, May 22, 2020

Great to have an empty head

Last Sunday, after my daily meditation and yoga, I thought how wonderful it is to have an empty head again. How different from years ago.

As a young boy I had that of course, but you didn't think about that at the time. Your parents offered you safety and you were pretty free to do whatever you wanted. The world was at your feet to discover and you could say almost anything you wanted. It was often laughed about.

Over the years and with the rat race called life starting, that head of mine filled up. It will be no different for most people.
Twirling and gasping nights. It was a complete waste of time.

And yes, it took a while to be in that state of emptiness again. As it came step by step, it also said goodbye step by step. Exactly eight years ago already last Wednesday.

And actually, I have not even noticed how it left. My life, no lifestyle, has changed its routine. No social media, no or very sparse following news, that daily meditation and yoga, making myself less busy (no stress, attract or excite me less about everything that happens around me), no more in large crowds, no more to have or want to be in the foreground, no watch, no deadlines, no need or want to achieve, no status, even more laughter, and so on.
It has everything to do with "cleaning" and especially now also self-protection against the overkill of information flows (no disturbance).

It feels great and I am grateful for it.

Inhale, exhale I often say to my kids and… especially don't follow the crowd. Be happy yourself and feel free.


Gangey Gruma (Frans Captijn)

email: captijninsight@gmail.com 

Foto blog: 



Captijn InsightCatalyst in developing tranquility & in-sight to get in a sustainable way real connection, purpose, pleasure and flow in life, love, family, business, career and work again.



No comments:

Post a Comment