Friday, August 14, 2020

No time to work. Where did I ever find this time?

Recently I said that I can't imagine where I ever found the time to work. Days, weeks and months really fly by.

In the past, work weeks of over 60 hours have been normal for me. Total madness when I look back on it now. The saying and the question; "Do you live to work or do you work to live?" I totally went to that live to work. I just didn't notice it myself.

And when I look back on it in a financial sense, as the "boss" of the organization, I think that many of my staff went home with more salary per working hour than I did. They adhered to the 36 hours and usually also enjoyed good private and family life.

And going on ‘with your tongue on your shoes’ until your retirement age? I laugh about it now. And yes, that is a lot of financial sacrifice. Happy, so far still until now, in good health. Being able to change the course that living (instead of working) is called to be quite a bit.

I have been living without a work schedule and agenda for over eight years now. In fact, I haven't spent time on social media for years. You would think plenty of time. Well… not. No stress indeed, but always well-filled days with things that I generally still (or again) love to do. We do what the day invites us to do and are now quite flexible. We have time. Doing nothing for a day? Still not got that present ;).

And that saying with that question… It is completely off the track. I no longer live to work. I no longer work to live. I Live. Something for which I am more than grateful that I can do this like I do.

An insight in retrospection is that I robbed myself and my family too much of time that life is really about. Great to be able to experience that insight not totally too late.


Gangey Gruma (Frans Captijn)


Captijn InsightCatalyst in developing tranquility & in-sight to get in a sustainable way real connection, purpose, pleasure and flow in life, love, family, business, career and work again.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment