Friday, June 17, 2016

Back to THE real world or back to YOUR real world?

In January 2014 I already gave some attention to the as I call it ‘Real world theme’.

It happens nearly on a weekly basis that not at least one of our guests who did a program or retreat at the last day says; “Good bye, thank you so much, I had a wonderful time and learned a lot but now I have to go back into the real world again.”

For sure, I understand what they mean with that saying. I never say but actually my response should be; “I hope I or we see you back soon because for sure you did not learn enough.”

When guests - who had a great time with us and want to thank us - out of their heart it really is the best thing there is to receive and accept. It makes me happy and supports me to go on living my mission. It reminds me I am grateful and thankful with the life I am living.

Looking more deeply into this statement of guests in fact they tell me, in their opinion, I am NOT living in the real world. Sometimes I look around, I pinch my nose, smell and still feel I am and walk around in the (in my opinion same) real world as well.
Other people really enjoyed the time with us and see it as a romantic way of life. But they see it as unreal, different, maybe even unrealistic. 

How is it possible they see it this way? Do they live a life that forces them the way they live? A kind of feeling of being ‘free’ as a bird in a cage of expectations, responsibilities, choices they made in life, situations where they are in? A cage created by believes and traditions of their society and culture and by the ideas, prejudgments, habits, attachments and fears of their past experiences? 
When this is the truth it's almost impossible that they will ever break out and make contact with the richness of life and love and freedom that lies beyond that cage. So second best is to adapt to the situation they are in and see it as the real world. But still, showing me with their response I am not living in the real world...??? Like them I am standing on the same planet and live in the same REAL world!

It is only you who create your own real world. The reality of the world you experience has everything to do with your programming and with your past life experiences. What you think what’s right and what you think what’s wrong in relation to your background, culture, life experiences, and so on. But we are not even aware of this because we are already adapted to the situation we are in. 
A wonderful example I found is the different approach of a house address in Japan in relation to for instance America or Europe. Derek Sivers in a not even threeminutes Ted-talk offers a good understanding that opposites can also be true (inthe same real world).
Your real world has to do with how you see your world and actually want to act in that world you created as ‘real’ in your mind.  

The other thing in your reality is the fact that you think you cannot change things. You think you are forced to act the way you are acting and you have to live at the place where you live. It’s your responsibility and you have to satisfy the needs. You are stick to (worldly) attachments and you know what you have. It’s a secure and safe base and with going on doing the things you do, nothing can and will go wrong you (only) think. You never know what the future brings… It’s all unknown. When you take the time to look deeply into yourself and connect deeply with yourself you will dis-cover this are only thoughts in your mind, general excuses and fear. And again fear for the unknown. So you are more ‘happy’ to go on living the way you are living and for sure you will find out you will stay in your vicious circle (still in exactly our SAME REAL world and your own ‘real’ world).
You created your own world in the real world. The way you look at things, the way you respond, the way you want to transform things so they suit you and so you can feel happy, for a while, again. Actually it’s hard working and does not support your well-being at the long term. So you do not feel totally well and so you cannot share this 100% well-being with the world around.

My world is as real as yours. It’s also not a romantic things because just as your world reality there are valleys and mountains in it. The romantic thing about living the life I live now is that I have the experience of two different ‘ways of living life’ experiences. Having this, now I know it has everything to do with choices and your own created reality (the way you look at things). This word ‘unknown’ has a scary part and an exciting part. When you trust the exciting part there is more to discover and to enjoy in the same real world.

The real world is everywhere. Find your own reality to be and stay happy.

Frans Captijn
Host / Catalyst / Talenteer at Captijn Insight

Captijn Insight“Catalyst in your process to new sustainable flow in life and work. Whether you are an individual, couple, team or an organization.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment