Friday, May 25, 2018

Finding back past happiness feelings for free and a wonderful mirror as well


I remember very well how I, as a young boy, on my yellow with black autoped went to my primary school in Bloemendaal, The Netherlands. I had to pass a tunnel for pedestrians under the railway. Around that tunnel were lots of most wonderful smelling bushes.

At a certain moment, it must have been somewhere in the beginning of May, I heard when I walked with my autoped on my hand (because regularly a policeman was checking if people were really walking or you got a fine, a soft squeaking from the bushes. There was a bird's nest with young sparrows.

Almost every day I stopped on my way to and back from school for a while. Without disturbing those birds I saw them grow up. It gave me a super feeling of happiness, bliss. And actually also a seed in me was planted starting to like birds. It was therefore a great experience to be able to live with an owl here in Thailand for almost four years.

About a week or two ago, again very early in the morning, I opened my front door. Less than one and a half meters away there was a beautiful tropical bird in my conifer. And yes, a bird’s nest. Still empty. The next day holding one egg, the day after another and finally there were three eggs.

My door is always wide open when I am at home. And against the insects I have special mosquito screen doors. Two stools are located inside and next to the front door. From one of those stools I can observe the nest from very close without disturbing the birds. It feels like a kind of meditation and the most fantastic thing for me is, now that the three birds have just been born, that I have completely regained that whole and past feeling of happiness and bliss from that little boy Frans of that time. It is a more than fantastic experience and ... it costs nothing at all.

Isn’t it too crazy for words that we are nearly all only running, always wanting more, reach goals, being very concerned about what the world around us may not think of us, disconnected with our new best electronic friends, totally lost this kind of super simple things that make us happy?

And ... it's just a matter of stopping. Of standing still. Just take that stool and fully enjoy the scene, doing nothing else than observing and enjoy what you get served?

Great and thankful to be able to experience that again. Connecting with nature, still just in your front yard, nothing complicated and experiencing that great feeling of bliss that I lost for years back again, for free.

And actually for me it was a big mirror as well. 
Birds and very young children are blessed above human beings (above their first living years) in that they have no concepts and do not worry of the future, do not suffer about the past, no words in their heads, and no anxiety about what their fellows think of them. The same I had being that still young boy on my autoped. 

The mirror of my experience with this bird's nest in my front yard shows me step by step I am making progress in reaching that blessing again.

Gangey Gruma (Frans Captijn)

Captijn InsightCatalyst in developing tranquility & in-sight to get in a sustainable way real connection, purpose, pleasure and flow in life, love, family, business, career and work again.

No comments:

Post a Comment