Friday, September 21, 2018

Despite adversity, the emphasis on LIVING life. Enjoying day to day.

Literally and figuratively we will not let ourselves be creased. We enjoy day to day, go out, concerts, cabaret, movies, next week a one week holiday in Germany. My own relaxation / hobby is also adequately covered, so if we keep it up for a while like this, not really something to worry about. Others may find that we have to sit in sackcloth and ashes, but we will NOT do that! "

A part of text from an email from a former colleague and still good acquaintance that I received a few weeks ago.

Strolling with my dog, Kadhow, in the at this time very humid forest I thought about how grateful I have to be. I am healthy, at least that's how it feels and I just take it for now for granted. My body works as it should. I can feel the humidity of that forest, the amazing energy, the temperature. I can hear those fantastic birds, frogs and other animals and I can point out the direction where all those different sounds come from. I can smell the fresh air and smell of budding flowers. What we popularly call 'green' actually shows to be a large pallet of thousands of green colors here. What a variation. I walk up a hill and I notice that my breathing and heartbeat are only slightly adapting to this mounting. Happy to be still fit enough not having to go to a gym for that. Not too bad for someone of my age. I feel the connection, thoughts and love of my two kids and my girlfriend even though they are not with me and my dog in the forest. Bending my knees without any problem when I take steps. If I want to stand still my body will ‘just’ and ‘automatically’ stop. I learned in this country to stop my thoughts for a while and only focus on what I want to concentrate on and the sensations this brings. Isn’t it a miracle everything functioning well? And what a beauty to connect.

And if something in the body suddenly and unexpectedly does not work well, after all for instance you always can hurt your back, then immediately your focus is on that hurting part of your back and not at all on everything else that still works fantastic. The body is only giving you a warning signal. A miracle as well. Not telling you, you need to stop enjoying the rest of your experiences. And it’s just how you deal with your mind about what you give the most attention. And again, everything you give attention grows…

The former colleague, or rather the couple, of the passage above from their email to me have ‘the right’ to complain and "resign themselves". They have to deal with various stubborn forms of cancer and Alzheimer in their life. And again… where to put the emphasis? They still focus on living their lives in the most positive and happy way.

A lot of enjoyment from day to day has to do with where you place the emphasis in your life. On what you can do or on the temporary, long-term or always 'handicaps' that occur in your life. And yes, I am still healthy and that makes talking this way maybe easy.

This couple shows that through a change of mindset, to focus on what still is possible instead of what is not possible any longer, you can consciously fully enjoy what makes LIVING life really important and gives valuable content and satisfaction.
Their way does not fit with letting themselves down or sitting in sackcloth and ashes.

Gangey Gruma (Frans Captijn)


Captijn InsightCatalyst in developing tranquility & in-sight to get in a sustainable way real connection, purpose, pleasure and flow in life, love, family, business, career and work again.

No comments:

Post a Comment