Friday, January 25, 2019

Digital detox to Perth Australia. Cleansing to learn to trust yourself and to be even more the manager of your life.

I visited my daughter in Perth (Australia) last week and... I did not take any mobile devices and a watch. A test, nearly total digital and time detox, and... I survived and yes, sometimes you are invited to be a bit creative. 

As many people already know nearly two years ago now I cancelled my accounts on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Weibo (a kind of Chinese Facebook), Wechat, etc.. As long as I am living in Thailand (for over six and a half years now) I do not read the newspaper and do not watch tv and I am not wearing a watch anymore. The clock in my house day and night shows five to twelve (I took the battery out). Nearly only reading and answering my emails on Monday and Thursday morning. 
What a rest and time for myself to enjoy living. To be honest, I don't know how it was ever possible for me to find the time during a day to deal with all these things. 

Carlien, my daughter, lives, works and studies in Perth for one and a half year now. Before visiting her I had to make my arrangements like every other person. Quite normal I think. Visa, tickets, etc.. Good to do these things online.

Tuesday January 15th, just before I left, I contacted her on Skype to ask her what she thought about the idea to leave all my digital stuff (actually I do not even have an I-phone or tablet) at home in Thailand. She agreed. 

As a baby is not born with any mobile device, I wanted to discover if it is still possible to do this trip and experiences without as well. And as a baby has his or her parents... I have my daughter in Australia and my son in The Netherlands but... without communication tools maybe it is or can be a bit difficult in this digital era and with the present digital generation. 

As you see and read... I survived! Honest, it was not always easy and yes really a challenge. At the start of my trip for instance I got a delay of at least two hours because the airforce decided to do an exercise and closed the international airport in Bangkok. This kind of things do not make happy if you have another two connected flights to go. But still...

Total hands free discovering and enjoying the life and experiences of my daughter. Having real face-to-face interaction with her, her boyfriend. many other people (I will come to that in one of my next weeks blogs) and the nice place Perth in the village called world. Being a proud and thankful father having a daughter (and son) who have the guts to do things 'different' than following smooth paths and the crowd.

A new step in my ongoing process to free myself from an overkill of, most of the time unnecessary and often negative or for buying or selling screaming, information to be and stay the manager of living my life. 


Gangey Gruma (Frans Captijn)

Captijn InsightCatalyst in developing tranquility & in-sight to get in a sustainable way real connection, purpose, pleasure and flow in life, love, family, business, career and work again.


No comments:

Post a Comment