Friday, October 30, 2020

My outside world is getting smaller and smaller. My inner world, on the other hand, is growing.

The world is getting more and more “insane” my sister and I noted in a conversation recently. And of course, that is, let me speak for myself, my opinion (maybe it has only to do with me). Perhaps it has always been this way and now we hear things more quickly. And whether everything we hear is true or has only been distorted by politics, power and the media, that too remains a guess.

I sometimes wonder if people ever agree with something. We complain, demonstrate, whine as if we (often afterwards) know everything better. Not to mention respect for others. World leaders who behave even less than as small children towards each other and an outside world that laughs at that.

Today's world is all about buying, technology and investing. About money and power. That makes the economy healthy and people so often sick. What do you mean progress? Ask nature.

And all those wonderful friendships, network contacts and family relationships that we have and show on social media, when it really matters, often turn out to be very thin. After all, deep below the surface, in most cases it ultimately revolves around "I".

And yes, that those contacts "dilute" is certainly also because of me. After all, it is my choice, for example, to live abroad. I feel home. But sure, it is "far" from my former world. Or to no longer be on social media and to follow the news, flooded by advertisements, as little as possible. Too much and too great a continuous flow of negativity.

The world around me is also getting smaller and to be honest it also feels a bit lonelier (but certainly not alone). It is partly the result of my own choices.

The photo accompanying this blog is of a painting “Inner World” by Artist Jaswant. He says he meditates by painting and paints by meditating and that the inspiration for his work is the miracle of life. Those statements resonate with me. I recognize a lot of similarities in the totally changed lifestyle that I have been able to choose and live.

Although, or perhaps because, my outside world is getting smaller, my inner world is growing. Growth through inner exploration, admiration of nature as a teacher. Time and attention for what I am doing, the love ones in my life and for myself. Grateful for and deepening through what is made by my hands, what talents I can and may share, and what insights I discover of the miracle of life.

And that certainly has a reason ...


Gangey Gruma (Frans Captijn)


Captijn InsightCatalyst in developing tranquility & in-sight to get in a sustainable way real connection, purpose, pleasure and flow in life, love, family, business, career and work again.


No comments:

Post a Comment