Friday, October 2, 2020

Pay less, less hassle, less blah, blah, blah and yet… keep borrowing, get into debt, with all the misery that entails. You imprison yourself.

I don't know what it is but every day, despite my blockers, cleaners and virus scanner on my laptop, my spam box on my gmail is filling up. And yes, of course with all kinds of nonsensical marketing.

90% Is about taking out personal loans and paying less. As if life is all about buying more or new to become and stay happy. We have to show the outside world that we can go with the masses.

Where I live, it seems to be the case that more than 90% of, for example, cars, scooters, mopeds and even cell phones have been financed. Installment and personal loans. High and low interest rates. Most people are head over heels in debt and don't seem to want to understand that you have less to spend every month because of… your payments you need to do extra. They choose that beautiful and sometimes shiny show to the outside world with things that you really can't afford and in many cases actually don't need at all.

As a child I learned from my parents that if you didn't have the money for something you couldn't buy it. And if you still wanted to buy something not having the money yet, you start with saving first. Borrowing or buying on installment (with interest)… that was not an option. Yes, only for a house.

Do not live "beyond your means" I was invariably told. And that temporary extra discount as a attraction, indicates that you actually always had to pay way too much and therefore simply got ripped off. After all, a lot money is still being made during the "sale" with discounts sometimes up to 70% or more.

Almost every day I delete all those stupid "offers", "just for me", from my spam box. Why should they stay there for 30 days to be automatically deleted?

Let others earn from your misery in the end? Temporary "fun" and end up tightening the reins for a long time? Jail yourself financially for some (short) pleasure? You're not crazy, aren't you? No financial debt is much more beneficial and ultimately feels (for me) much better.


Gangey Gruma (Frans Captijn)


Captijn InsightCatalyst in developing tranquility & in-sight to get in a sustainable way real connection, purpose, pleasure and flow in life, love, family, business, career and work again.

No comments:

Post a Comment