Friday, May 5, 2017

Annoyance of love babies? Many kinds of Nanny's solve this problem. Success for the future guaranteed? Don’t be sure.

And again I realize that I'm from another generation. It just appears to me, at the resort where I work, last week in a nearby restaurant, at the international schools nearby, but also - with very happy faces - on social media. The so-called love babies can be sweet ... and yet, they also cause a lot of inconvenience I notice over and over again.

More and more 'nanny ways' appear. Children's kindergartens, pre-school and after-school shelters, digital nanny's like television or just a few days ago on i Phones and tablets on the table in the restaurant I was in (children of not even one year old), and more and more specialized (cheap) ladies from other different cultures that take care of children (human nanny’s). The once-so-very much and out of love wanted children appear to be very often a very disturbing factor for many people in relation to their life style and career path.

Informing cautiously about the background of all this digital or physical 'Nanny's, I got answers as:
"We have such nice and lovely children, but we asked ourselves; “Do they have to disturb our career?". "We also have a life.". "Life (our life) is simply expensive and we want to be honest about it, it's important to get money for the mortgage and our holidays, and that’s taking the responsibility to work both you know?" "We earn together much more so it’s easy to pay our (cheap) nanny." "Sorry, but taking care of growing up children is not really my thing. Never learned.". "After my work, I also want to relax, I also have a social life and twice a week to the fitness center and once a week playing golf for networking and getting rid of stress is not too much." "You know, we're even supporting employment in this poor country." "Isn’t it great to offer your children the opportunity to play with other children at day care or kindergarten?".

And more and more families who come here at the resort I live take their private nanny to take even care of their children during the family holidays. Even on vacation, parents do not really take or have time for real connection with their children. The I Phones, tablets and laptops keep them in control. The connection (and control) on the children has been outsourced. And that has its price but ... you get so much in return (or not so much?). No stress, me-time, rest. Not all that hassle of captivating children around you. And if you go out for dinner, then you will put on a nice cartoon for your children and you can stay connected online as well with the outside world. You must not miss anything. Friends and work are waiting for your necessary (?) response. Do your friends and does your work really respect you? What choices in your life do you make to LIVE life?

Children more and more become a product. Parents take less and less time to share (and teach) sincere and true and unconditional love. Love is 'simply' and 'simple' outsourced. Children can have a lot of input. What ultimately becomes the output is just the question. And commercialization plays a hand in it. Isn’t it scary how much advertising is made especially for children? Attention, lack of true love and so lack of human connection energy plays a big role. To make a distinction between educating by yourself or outsourcing the raising of your children, connect them with the digital nanny like the TV and / or smartphone, is actually a consideration that, taken from my generation, wasn’t even an option. And yes... it's quite easy to step in the trap of getting more time to make money to live a ‘happy’ life. Ever thought (in advance before getting a love baby) how much money and time it cost to raise a child or children? Too often I hear the story; "In a few years finally my children will leave, they can take care of themselves, looking forward to have time again to spend together ..." What do you actually say?

Perhaps for people who do not have children yet, the idea to think through if you as well want to follow the ‘generally accepted standard’ and the (on the outside) happy family life your friends show you. Perhaps you have the guts to deviate. Be aware the world around you often calls this selfish. An easy label.

Having children is much more responsibility than you often think. Most of the time you will only find out if you already have them. It’s not at all 'all happiness' and/or outsourcing responsibilities as if it’s a kind of business relationship. If I ever get the opportunity to live a next life, out of the experience I have now, I want a life without the responsibility of children. (Be aware this is not a shock for my children, they know my thoughts, I am happy they are in my life and we feel, express and share (unconditional) love together). There are already more than enough children around in this world and it’s not at all my intention to keep our name high or the ‘family tree’ growing.

I am so happy, in my live, to have had personal caring parents. Parents that always were available for me. Parents that were so connected with me (and I with them) that not even a single word was needed to feel what was going on in our lives. They were my personal live coaches and managers for a long time. Learning me how to survive, how to deal with living life, with love, with connection, with emotions. Unconditionally  they where there to give me physical, mental, emotional, environmental and even spiritual safety. The door was not always open at all. There was not even a door, even no threshold. And that single babysitter that sometimes came? An adventure!

And when I look back on my life so far ... in my opinion, I have never missed something. I played on the street with children out of my neighborhood. Just like I still see in the village I live now in Thailand.  And if you were all dirty or under mud, nobody worried about getting a bad illness. You just built up resistance. It helped you to stay healthy in a natural way.

What a life in sincere and lasting connection with those people who have ever delivered me out of their love on this world. Success assured? 100% Sure! The current situations ...? Don’t ask yourself ever the question (if it’s too late) why do our children not understand us ??? We gave them so much…

Thank you guys, Mom and Dad, for all the opportunities you gave me your way! I do not think any nanny can ever resist it. Happy you always where there face-to-face, for me.

Frans Captijn
Host / Catalyst / Talenteer at Captijn Insight

Captijn Insight“Catalyst in your process to new sustainable flow in life and work. Whether you are an individual, couple, team or an organization.” 
captijninsight@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment