Friday, July 31, 2020

Daily bird disco alarm clock. What a lucky guy!

Every morning, for my meditation and yoga, I read in the Bible.

This time it was about that every moment is in our hands and that we often forget. We worry about what might happen, what one or the other will think, how hard our live might be. Indeed, we often forget the present moment. We are wasting it with our thoughts for a future that you just have to wait and see if there is one for you. A bit of a waste of time actually.

The doors and windows of my house are open day and night, actually all year round. During my meditation I was extra aware of that present moment. More than fantastic those sounds of all those different birds around the house. I took the time to analyze those sounds.

Differences in volume. Treble and bass. The different directions from which the sounds come. Discovering rhythm, melody, harmony and so on. That morning, as it has been for more than eight years now, those sounds wake me up early every day at the right time.

I was reminded of a complaint that came in here at the resort a few years ago from one of our guests. She thought it was strange that the sliding glass doors in the rooms were not double-glazed. Not from the point of view of energy savings, but because she woke up so early from the bird disco. Something that really disturbed her.

I am so lucky to have this bird disco as my alarm clock every day. A daily enjoyment of not only that present moment but regularly also the succession of current moments.


Gangey Gruma (Frans Captijn)

email: captijninsight@gmail.com 



Captijn InsightCatalyst in developing tranquility & in-sight to get in a sustainable way real connection, purpose, pleasure and flow in life, love, family, business, career and work again.



No comments:

Post a Comment