Friday, July 10, 2020

Just a bit depressed.

It doesn't happen often anymore but last Wednesday morning I had a turn feeling bad. Afterwards I discovered it was my own fault. No energy, gloomy and just a feeling I don't like this world. We went to sleep late after a good movie. It had rained all night, the air in the morning was more than gray and it was oppressively hot. Was this maybe the source? Not really…

Do not ask me why, but the last few days I look at the Dutch News website "nu.nl". And the stupid thing is that, until now, I kept doing that.

Following it, I discovered again onward there is a lot going on in the world. And most negative things get media attention. The ongoing hassle / nagging about that virus, demonstrations against everything, the situation in America, Brazil, and yesterday to top it all off the discovery by the Dutch police of prison cells and even a torture chamber prepared by criminals in soundproofed shipping containers in the so-called 'peaceful' Dutch Brabantse Wouse Tol. In one word all disgusting.

Incidentally, also a positive message. Gas and electricity prices have never been as low as now as the headline told.  With the prices here, I laugh about that. But OK. Happy for people living there. However, it turned out to be a sponsored advertising that is published between the "latest news". Smart but actually also disgusting.

And that torture chamber, to top it off with all negativity, came across to me as a kind of horror movie. But no, it is real. And that in the 'peaceful' Netherlands. Too sad for words.

What a world we live in?

And all those thoughts kept running through my mind. Certainly, I am not the only one affected by that continuous negative reporting.

As usual I went out for a walk with the dog again. The rain showers had just stopped. And, unexpectedly, I was facing this beautiful yellow rose ...

How beautiful the world is and what a lot it has to offer. It depends on how and from which side you look at it. And that negativity has always been there and in all ages. The point is that, with the current techniques, we have those bins with mud dumped over us much more quickly and about everything going on in this world.

For me it is not a kind of putting my head in the sand but more a form of self-preservation. What should I do with it? And above all, can I change it?

Yes, I can and that rose told me again.

It is much better to be positive in life and radiate that positivity to the outside world. And with more people who want to make that choice, that is certainly not a drop in the ocean.

So, I stopped following that website again. In the afternoon I already felt much better.

 

Gangey Gruma (Frans Captijn)

email: captijninsight@gmail.com 

Foto blog: 



Captijn InsightCatalyst in developing tranquility & in-sight to get in a sustainable way real connection, purpose, pleasure and flow in life, love, family, business, career and work again.

No comments:

Post a Comment