Friday, January 8, 2021

The beauty of (sometimes) not standing out.

A few days ago, my friend called me when she was working in the garden. She asked me to look at a branch of a bush. I tried to do my best but (at first glance) didn't see anything special.

I had to look deeper and then, all of a sudden, I saw the beauty of a moth that was not noticeable on that branch at all. The photo gives you the impression.
In the culture in which I now live, not being outstanding is the standard. It is the group, the family, the team in which the value resides. And to be honest, it does have something.

On the other hand, from Western culture, attention is paid to the uniqueness of the individual. Something in which I myself still believe.
It is wonderful not to be noticed. Just do normal, you'll be crazy enough. It doesn't work for me and I have also conveyed that to my kids.

With the unique set of talents, you have a mission to fulfill in your life. One of my slogans. And that is why you should not try to pursue talents that you see in others, but rather live your own talents and thereby contribute in a group to achieve the best result, together and individually.

And sometimes "hiding" is a good option at a time when you cannot share your talents. No problem, because the time on your life path that you need them again will come.

And that camouflage, that temporary survival strategy in situations in which you are sometimes not or less wanted, can be beautifully discovered in nature (and also in this photo).


Gangey Gruma (Frans Captijn)


Captijn InsightCatalyst in developing tranquility & in-sight to get in a sustainable way real connection, purpose, pleasure and flow in life, love, family, business, career and work again.


No comments:

Post a Comment