Friday, September 15, 2017

Missing you makes me happy and connect me even more with the here and now.


Yesterday I wrote to a good friend of mine in an e-mail: “Missing you makes me happy and connects me even more with here and now”

After a short while I got a response from her and she asked me two questions;
# Let me know "missing me so much" can make you happy?
# Let me know "missing me so much" can make you live more in the "here and now"?

Sure I can understand at first sight what I wrote down can feel and look a bit strange. And thinking deeper about those two questions gave me and her a deeper understanding of the underlying meaning. And I really want to share that insights because most of the time we connect missing someone with a kind of sad feelings and/or unwholesome thoughts.

After my mom passed a way, to honor her, I started to do courses in the evening hours to become an actor. My mom was an actress and I just I wanted to discover if she shared that gems with me as well. People who know me will get a smile on their face because they will immediately tell me I do not have to discover that because they met my inner Jester already many times before that courses.

One of the things I learned is that there are several ways to deal with feelings and so also to act and express. My courses made me clear that we behave, act, respond out of basic elements. Earth, Water, Fire, and Ether. You can see them as underlying energies.

Out of for example the element Fire, you can use the same energy to create a happy feeling (you spread your energy for instance by laughing, bright shining eyes, openness for connection) but also to get a sad feeling (you keep the energy inside yourself, feel down, do not want to connect, maybe even tears in your eyes).

A warm, kind, friendship and for sure a relationship has to do with connection in many ways. A kind of holistic connection. Emotional, mental, spiritual, environmental (energy giving) and also physical. Interaction of senses with yourself and in relation to other persons as we learn in tantric work. In the present time I think there is a huge lack of this intense connections some people are even afraid. But…that’s beside this story.

“Missing you makes me happy” ? Because the connection experience and energy that once appeared in a natural way, even not being physically close together now, gives me the energy to be even more sparkling, attentive, open to give and to receive. The sad sides (the other energy use of the elements) so far did not show up. So do not affect me because it does not appear (yet).

Let me explain why. For me it is essential to know and to feel there still is a connection. Sending and receiving short messages to each other on a regular base for instance helps me to understand ‘the energy, the connection wire, is still there’. For me that’s different than to get a message once in a while. For me it works as watering the roots of a plant and sometimes to offer the plant some sunshine or even rain for a shower. Call it attention (every person needs in my opinion). Not that I am clinging on attention but if in a natural way things work out this way this feels OK. Being free and feeling a deeper connection.
The second thing is I know and feel there will be a time, I do not know when, we will be close together for a short while again. Looking forward to that moment gives me a kind feeling of longing. And that feeling again is a wonderful energy.

In relation to the second question I already gave the answer in between the lines.
This positive energy of “missing you” does not make me sad so far but on the contrary gives me positive energy. Energy to be more open, more alert, more connected. It’s a kind of feeling of excitement. And believe it or not… this connect me even more with the here and now.

How wonderful to understand even more to use the energy of the elements in a stimulating way. Free available energy to create an even higher level of peace of mind (happiness).


Frans Captijn
Host / Catalyst / Talenteer at Captijn Insight


Captijn Insight“Catalyst in your process to new sustainable flow in life, love, family, business, career and work. Whether you are an individual, couple, team or organization.” 






No comments:

Post a Comment